Dr Bell’s Crèche Provides Quality, Affordable Childcare
- Our crèche is available for children aged 0 to 5 years whose families live in Leith.
- Our crèche gives your child the opportunity to mix with other children and helps your child become more independent.
- Our crèche operates with either three staff working with ten children, or two staff working with eight children.
How to Register Your Child at Dr Bell’s Crèche
Complete a paper form, which you can collect from Dr Bell’s reception.
What Happens Next?
- For children under 2 years old there is a waiting list. The current waiting list is approximately 3 months. Once a space comes available for your child we will call you to arrange a Settling in Session.
- For children over 2 years old we can book the next available Settling in Session as soon as we have your child inputted on our database.
The Settling in Session allows your child to get to know us, and make sure that they’re happy to be left. Sometimes children can find it difficult to settle in a new place without their parent. We’ll discuss any issues you have and work with you and your child to make the experience as easy as possible. Please do come and talk to us if you are concerned about this or have any other questions about the crèche.
After the Settling in Session you can book further sessions. Bookings can be made in person at reception, or by phoning 0131 553 0100.
As of 17th September 2018 the times of our regular créche sessions are every Monday to Friday:
- Morning – 9:30am to 11:30am
- Afternoon – 12pm to 2pm
What Should I Bring When My Child Attends the Créche?
- For children still in nappies, we ask you to bring your own supply of nappies and wipes.
- If your child is in the process of toilet training, please bring a change of clothes.
- Children will be offered fresh fruit at snack time, with water to drink but Parents/Carers of young babies may need to bring any food requirements
What Happens If I Can’t Collect Drop Off/Pick up my Child?
- On arrival, parents/carers are asked to sign their child in and then sign out on departure.
- If a child is being collected by someone other than yourself, a créche worker MUST be informed. For the safety of all children, staff members will NOT release a child to an unknown person.
Cancelling a Créche Space
You must let us know if you need to cancel a créche space. It is in short supply and others can make use of the space.
Children should not come to the créche if they are suffering from any infectious or contagious disease.
Care Inspectorate Registration Number – CS2006132934