Dr Bell’s Crèche Provides Quality, Affordable Childcare
- Our crèche is available for children aged 0 to 5 years.
- Our crèche gives your child the opportunity to mix with other children and helps your child become more independent.
- Our crèche operates with either three staff working with eight children, or two staff working with six children.
How to Register Your Child at Dr Bell’s Crèche
- Complete a paper form, which you can collect from Dr Bell’s reception.
- Complete the online registration form.
What Happens Next?
- For children under 2 years old there is a waiting list. The current waiting list is approximately 3 months. Once a space comes available for your child we will call you to arrange a Settling in Session.
- For children over 2 years old we can book the next available Settling in Session as soon as we have your child inputted on our database.
The Settling in Session allows your child to get to know us, and make sure that they’re happy to be left. Sometimes children can find it difficult to settle in a new place without their parent. We’ll discuss any issues you have and work with you and your child to make the experience as easy as possible. Please do come and talk to us if you are concerned about this or have any other questions about the crèche.
After the Settling in Session you can book further sessions. Bookings can be made in person at reception, or by phoning 0131 553 0100.
How Much Does Dr Bell’s Crèche Cost?
- Cost for 1 child = £2 per hour
- 2 siblings attending same session = £3 per hour
- Families on benefits are entitled to the reduced rate of £1 per child per hour or £1.50 per child per hour for 2 siblings attending the same session.
- Crèche spaces are free to parents who are making use of some of the other services on offer at Dr Bell’s, or volunteering at the Centre.
The regular créche sessions are:
- Tuesday 10:00 to 12:00
- Tuesday 12:30 to 14:30
- Wednesday 10:00 to 12:00
- Wednesday 12:30 to 14:30
- Thursday 10:00 to 12:00
Occasionally these times may vary, but if they do we will let you know when you’re booking a space.
What Should I Bring When My Child Attends the Créche?
- For children still in nappies, we ask you to bring your own supply of nappies and wipes.
- If your child is in the process of toilet training, please bring a change of clothes.
- Children will be offered fresh fruit at snack time, with water to drink but Parents/Carers of young babies may need to bring any food requirements
What Happens If I Can’t Collect Drop Off/Pick up my Child?
- On arrival, parents/carers are asked to sign their child in and then sign out on departure.
- If a child is being collected by someone other than yourself, a créche worker MUST be informed. For the safety of all children, staff members will NOT release a child to an unknown person.
Cancelling a Créche Space
You must let us know if you need to cancel a créche space. It is in short supply and others can make use of the space.
Children should not come to the créche if they are suffering from any infectious or contagious disease.
Care Inspectorate Registration Number – CS2006132934